Thursday, December 29, 2011

Crazy Holidays

I dont know about around your house, but around here it has been Ca-Ra-ZY!
We have shopped, wrapped, practiced, sang, read the Word of God, organized, laughed, cleaned, unwrapped, cleaned, spent time Worshiping Christ, laughed, and generally had a great time!

I have also been buring up the vinyl with my cricut machine, and having a great time making some gifts for family, friends, and neighbors.  I can't wait to share them all with you.  "Whats the hold up?!?" you ask. Well basically, since I'm pretty sure a couple of the ones who havent recieved their gift yet read my blog, I just can't bare to spoil the surprise for them before they receive their gifts. So it's going to be a few days before one is posted, and then again a little over a week for another one.

I am going to share something I just threw together (out of Necessity).  I have a sweet (but mean when crossed, or feels his toys are being poached by his older sister, and justifiably so) two year old little boy.  Who is a lovable cuddly independent prickly little man.  This little boy received the EXACT same gift as each of his big sisters this year from their grandmother.  A personal dvd player.

In theory, and yes reality, this is a great gift that will end the bickering over which dvd they are going to watch on the long road trips we take to see family and friends back in Texas. BUT, they are IDENTICAL dvd players.  Not good for this very defensive little boy who doesn't yet quite understand that everything he sees, and wants, isn't magically his (he is still very much in that "toddler" mentality and is just now slowly coming out of it).  So to prevent any hair pulling (his sisters), being pinched (his skin, their fingers), or hitting (they all do that) I came up with an ingenious idea for who's is who's.  I pulled out my Cricut that I have been having SO much fun with this year, a fun cartridge, my red vinyl, and got busy.


Now you are probably wondering the same thing my friends and family, that were watching on with great interest and amazement, asked me..."Uhhhhh....you know your putting that on upside down right?!?!?"  To which I replied (rolling my eyes) "Ummmm NO. I'm. Not.  SEE?!?!?!?"


To which, after seeing it with the lid opened, they said "OOOOOhhhhhh, That's cool!!!" 

I am pretty pleased with the result, and so is my Lil' man.  Oh, and the end result was completly achieved: there has been no bickering over the dvd players!  SCORE!!  We wont mention the 3DS's or the trains and all the other new Christmas goodies they now have to bicker over.  Nope, wont mention them AT ALL!

I hope everyone had a VERY merry Christmas, and will have an AWESOME new year!

Have a great Day and God Bless!

4 comments:

  1. I found your link on Clean & Scentsible: the Creative Spark. I think that's a BRILLIANT Idea. Thanks for sharing it. Renea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this idea! clicked over to you via Kassi....so where do you buy the vinyl for the cricut? maybe it's been right before my eyes, but I'm stuck on scrapbook paper, this is an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea!!! I need to do this with things in my office! :) Thanks for sharing on Fancy This Fridays!!! By the way... SOMEONE has a FEATURE!!! You can check it out here: http://www.trulylovelyblog.com/2012/01/fancy-this-features-56.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!!!

    Hey Melodee check your email. I wrote you a book...lol

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments so keep them coming!!!