Friday, March 23, 2012

Weekly Inspiration : Be True to You

**for the Free Printable please scroll all the way at the bottom**

I am starting back blogging by changing up something that I started at the beginning of the year. My Inspiration posts. Originally they were "Inspiration Wednesday", but I have discovered that inspiration is fickle and may strike on a Monday or Thursday or even a Saturday.  So rather than try to pin down my inspiration to just one day I am going to make it something that may pop in anytime during the week.
With that being said, for this weeks Inspiration I want to talk about being inspired to be you and to be true to what that means.  To me it means being able to sit in a room with nothing on and just be content with your own thoughts.  When was the last time you turned off the radio when you were alone in the car and just let the world be silent and calm?  What about the last time you turned off the TV or radio at home and just had a time of silence to think about life, your blessings, your joys, your memories, your friends.  Just took the time to think about who you are and to be happy about that.  Its not as easy as it sounds!  The more children and duties you have the harder it gets.  Its easy to sit and fold clothes while listening to your kids playing in the other room and listening to the radio too, but consciously take some time where there is absolute silence to just sit and soak it up.  Usually for me that is after they have all went to bed and the house is still.
If you will just try this for 10 min you will learn a lot about yourself I promise.  I found out a long time ago that my friends who couldn't just sit and be still with no distractions or stimulus were also the one who had a more difficult time dealing with the pressures and problems of life.  There is just something that comes in that silence, a recognition of who you are, what you think, what you believe, and where you want to go that gives you a strength that isn't found elsewhere.  If you find that you cant handle the silence, the introspection, may I suggest that you add prayer to that quiet time.  There is no better avenue to finding yourself than by first finding God and the Peace that is in His arms.  A couple of my favorite scriptures are found in Psalms and deal with being still in God:

 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah Psalms 4:4


Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth Psalms 46:10

So take some time this week to just Be Still and learn who you are by spending some time with yourself.  Just take some time in silence to think about your life.  We are all human (I hope lol) and have our ups and downs of life.  Take this quiet time to just contemplate them, to decide where YOU stand on issues that are affecting your life rather than just where someone else thinks you should stand on them.  Reason the things affecting your life out for yourself and in prayer and the Word of God.  I promise you will begin to crave these times of stillness and peace.  When you lose who YOU are in the midst of being Mommy, Wife, Employee, Friend, Leader, Fellow congregation member take some time to come back to center by being still.















I found some pins on Pinterest that I felt helped summarize this all up and were just great so I am sharing them.  If you would like to see their origins feel free to check out my Pin Board "Who said that? Well its worth repeating"

This is a free printable for those who want a reminder to frame or just put up somewhere where you can always see it. It was saved in 8x10 but feel free to print it in whatever size you like

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments so keep them coming!!!