Sunday, August 28, 2011

Its a Cricut Cake wonderful day!!

You may, or may not, know what a Cricut is, and how completely AWESOME they are.  So let me fill you in...they are AWESOME!!!!  (wait didn't I just say that?) Anyway, I just bought one!!!!!  I got an amazing deal on EBay for a Cricut Cake machine that's brand spanking new! 

Here's a picture of what I got by winning the auction:



And this is what all comes with it:

*1 (12 in x 12 in) food-safe cutting mat* EXCLUSIVE! “Cake Basics” cartridge*  1 stainless steel cutting blade* 1 power adapter * 1 cartridge skirt* 1 silicone keypad cover* 1 cartridge port cover* 1 stainless steel blade basket* 1 cleaning brush* User manuals and guides
Images included on the Cake Basics cartridge

I am so excited I have been plum giddy since winning it for a price that is less than a third of what I would pay for one at Hobby Lobby or other suppliers!  Its just AMAZING!!  So I can not wait to get my new toy in and play with it making all kinds of wonderful vinyl cutout letters, cards, monograms, pictures, designs, and yes ICING designs too. 
I will be having so much crafting fun, and you KNOW I will be sharing it ALL with you.  Okay, I guess I can quit rhapsodizing about it and give you some bare facts about it.

This is what it can do:

Cricut Cake is designed to cut frosting sheets, gum paste, and fondant for baked goods, an can also be used to cut cookie dough, cheese, tortillas, modeling chocolate, gum, and various soft candies. This machine will cut through soft food materials. This will require you to experiment to get the right consistency of food and the proper settings on the machine.
It neglected to say, because they don't approve of you doing this, that it can also cut some of the other mediums that the original Cricut Expressions can. I will just have to change out the blade housing to what the Expression uses.  Hurray for me!!
There was mention about food safety concerns when using the Cake to cut non-food mediums on some of the discussion boards.  The concern is about using some papers due to the ingredients found in the papers Since I am using separate blades and cutting mats and thoroughly cleaning my machine I don't think that will be an issue.

I know you are already eager to rush out and get yourself one right...or better yet run over here to my house and start playing around with it too.  Oh I am beyond excited! Now I have to get winning some cartridges to use with it.  Yay more shopping!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments so keep them coming!!!