Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It just flew Out the window

So the party?  Well, we didn't have the party.  Macey got sick, and I wasn't sure what was wrong with her.  I was afraid that the strepp throat she had about three weeks ago had relapsed.  Turns out it was a minor virus and after thinking back I realized we had actually all had it, but it was so minor we just didn't realize what it was! So after having a weekend of whiny "I don't feeeeeeellllll good" kids, and not feeling so great myself, we are mostly back to normal.  It hit Macey harder and for longer, but now she is a happy lil monkey bouncing around like she was just storing up all that energy while she was sick. 
Its not very crafty, but I did get something accomplished that I have been wanting to work on for a while. I got my backyard cleaned up from all the NUMEROUS toys and water bottles that were scattered all over it (now I know where all my bottled water has been dissapearing to out of my fridge!).  I bought some plants for my flower beds (I took the easy way out by putting them in pretty pots and setting those in the groomed beds). Also, I broke down and bought a patio furniture set.  I have been wanting one for a while, and my sun room is now graced by a love seat, two chairs, and coffee table set!  Its not the top of the line, in fact its the bottom of the line at walmart, but when you have as many kiddos as I do constantly going through there you don't want too big of an investment.
Well, I will be posting soon the items I have been working on the last little bit. Also I am going to attempt my FIRST tutorial!  I have had some questions about the T-Shirt dresses.  Since the easiest way to explain it is to actually SHOW you what I am doing step by step, I am going to try it.  PRAY! this could be wonderful good, or a complete disaster!


I have to share this: I follow an AWESOME Blog called "Crap I've Made".  She comes up with some of the coolest ideas, and I cant wait to try this week's.  If you like involving your kiddos in crafting with you then you might want to give this one a go.  There are so many possibilities for it.  Many ways you can put your own spin on it. Here's the link if you would like to try it out. 




My kids are going to LOVE doing this with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments so keep them coming!!!