Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sticky Ooey Gooey Buns

I came across a picture of some Sticky Buns on Pinterest and KNEW I had to make them! I love all things, nutty, cinnamony, and buttery.  That is exactly what these are!  So yummy and best of all SO easy!!
 Here is my after picture:

After meaning: after they were cooked and after they were almost completely demolished! My camera battery was dead, and my family was NOT going to wait for it to charge for me to be able to take pictures while I whipped this dish up!  They were hungry and when I told them what I was making they wanted it NOW!! Once it was charged I went ahead and snapped away.

I found the original recipe here, at a lovely Blog I stumbled across called All Things Delicious

So anyhow It got rave reviews from everyone except my oldest daughter who decided she didn't like nuts in it but otherwise loved it!  There were a few things I am going to tweak on the recipe to make it suit my taste a little more.

My Recipe time:
You will need
1 pkg Grands buttermilk biscuits (what I used), or two pkgs of small buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup Syrup (your choice but my hubby loves Eggo syrup and that's what we used)
1/2 cup Brown sugar packed down (original recipe calls for only 1/3 cup)
1Tbsp cinnamon (original recipe calls for 1tsp, but it wasn't cinnamony enough for me)
3Tbsp butter
1/3-1/2cup chopped nuts of your choice*optional* (original only calls for 1/4 cup but I put a good 1/3-1/2 cup in and the adults all loved the nuttiness)

You will need to preheat your oven to 375 degrees F

**Revised: a MAJOR typo has been corrected somehow in the original typing I put 475 instead of 375...ummm not good!  I made these again with the temp set wrong and the top (bottom after flipped) burned.  I cut off the burned part and flipped em.  They were still stinking awesome and devoured.  Then I came back to discover what in the world happened...yah I messed up! So please please PLEASE put the temp at 375 and forgive me the MAJOR typo** .

Next grease a bundt pan.
Next you will melt the butter and mix it in a small bowl with the syrup. Set aside
Next mix the cinnamon, brown sugar, and nuts (if you choose to use them)
Now you will pour half of the syrup and butter mixture around int he bottom of the bundt pan and sprinkle half of the cinnamon/ brown sugar/nut mixture around on top of the syrup.
Then lay the biscuits overlapping in the bundt pan
finally pour the remaining butter/syrup mixture over the top of the biscuits and sprinkle the remaining sugar/cinnamon/nut mixture over the top
Cook for 17-20 min (original recipe called for only 15 min but mine were still a little doughy so they really needed a few more minutes)
After they are done take them out and let them cool for 3-5min then put a plate over the top of the pan (top of the plate facing down toward the sticky buns) and flip the entire thing upside down.
let the now upside down pan and buns sit on the plate for at least a min while all the ooey gooeyness drains out of the pan.  Finally remove the pan and your buns should be in a pretty little circle on your plate, ready to pull apart and feast on.

total time to make this
Prep 10 min
Cook 17-20 (we will say 20)
Cool 6 min

Total time 36 min.  Fast easy and DELICIOUS!!!



Like I said they were delicious done by the original recipe, but they definitely needed a little more brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts (I did add my revised amount of nuts, and it was perfect.  So what the original recipe calls for would not have been enough for us!).  I hope you try this for a quick Saturday family breakfast or for a treat on a movie night because you WONT regret it!  My hubby had eaten two bites of his, and started listing all the things I need to bake it for: church functions, family breakfasts, Thanksgiving, Christmas...and he kept mumbling between bites the more he ate of it.  lol It was a major success. My SIL even stopped by on her lunch break and had a piece she loved it too! So this will be a repeat around here!

Try it out and let me know what you think!  I hope your family loves it as much as mine did!  Let me know if you do anything differently!  I love to hear you comments!

Have a great day and God bless!!

I linked to these awesome link parties! Be sure to check out these FABULOUS blogs, you wont regret it!


The Shabby Nest   Tickled Pink at 504 Main

8 comments:

  1. This must be yummy:)every bite of it;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really yummy! I am so glad you shared this recipe!

    Ps--your blog name is awesome. I can totally relate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super yummy! Little one would love this. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love it if you would link this to my link party, and any others you may have. Thanks, It just started :)
    http://diycraftstomake.blogspot.com/2011/10/whacha-got-weekly-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I'll definitely have to try those changes! Sounds super delish. Thanks so much for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So yummy! Anything ooey and googey is perfect in my book when it comes to treats! Thanks for linking up and sharing:>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds tasty! Thanks for sharing it at Weekend Craft Soiree! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments so keep them coming!!!