Thursday, October 6, 2011

A burst of shine

I just finished the most daaahhhhling sun burst mirror.   
Here is a picture of how my mirror started:


A  Dollar store round mirror and a Silver charger from a local thrift store.
The charger was sooooo reflective.  Way too reflective of a surface to put a mirror on top of.  Enter the next step in my process.


I put a mid thickness coat of white paint on the entire surface of the charger using this sponge paint brush.  *I am not real knowledgeable about Paint brushes, but this one did an okay not so great job.  The real reason I went all scratchy (and I'm so so SO glad I did!), I would like to say is because that's where I saw this going,  to be honest that wasn't it at all. The reason I went with the scratchy look was because of the awful uneven scratchy coverage I got from this sponge brush...ugghhh I need to figure something out about paint brushes ASAP!*
After it was dried to a tacky feel, I took a paper towel to it and started rubbing off the paint in swipes.  giving it a scratchy textured look where the silver of the charger shows through the white of the paint.  Then I took some heavy duty glue E6000 and affixed my round mirror to the center of my revamped charger.
Final Product:

Of course I used the Soda can tab on the back for my wall hanger.  If your wondering about that you can click Here to see what I'm talking about.

 Cost of this Project? 
Mirror: $1
Charger: $ 0.25
Glue,Paint & Sponge applicator: in my stash

Total Cost $1.25!!!


Also don't forget I have a giveaway going on Here. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Hope you like My new mirror. I know I do! I am completely in Luuurrrvveee with it, and I cant wait to hang it in my remodeled bedroom.  When I finish it that is! 

Let me know what you think.  I can't wait to read your comments!  

Hope you have a great day and God bless! 

Linked up to several Link Parties found at the tab at the top of the Page or just Click Here.  Also Linked up to:
Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingFunky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
* Additional editing and explanations added after the original posting*

13 comments:

  1. Hey, I love your blog and I just wanted to let you know that I gave a shout out to you on my blog... http://keithandadri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know, this isn't my usual style, but I really love it! great job! pinning....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that! Cute, easy and budget friendly...that is my kind of project! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your mirror - it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cheap projects that turn out so beautifully like this one! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative and awesome..I love and have to try this.. I'm visiting from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com and officially following ya with smiles.. Hope you can stop in sometime.. : )) Off to indulge in more of your awesome posts.. :)) (for the love of pinterest.. I'm now following ya there too.. lol!!) Happy weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what you did. Very cool idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ~ Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So clever and it looks beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! Thanks for linking up to the Creative Genius Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anyhting you can do for $1.25 is amazing!! Stopping in to follow from the blog hop - hope you have time to visit and return the favor soon. Ohhh ... and enter to win a free copy of my book too!!
    www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. good job it looks great! Thank you so much sharing and for linking up to our party Show and Share this week! Come on back this Wednesday to link up your current projects.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! love it!

    Thanks for linking up:>

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty. I love the texture/style. and I really LOVE the price! Thanks for linking to Tickled Pink! Sharing on FB!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments so keep them coming!!!