Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lets Patch Things Up!

So I have been in a crafting frenzy today.  Mostly creating for my Kiddos and finishing up projects for around the house.  My absolutely FAVORITE is a Pinterest inspired patch up job I did on a pair of my son's pants.  Here's the final result:

I was inspired by this picture I found on Pinterest:

You can look it over at the parent blog/idea originator here called bymiek.blogspot.com

As you can see mine is a little different.  I used buttons for eyes, have an additional mini one-eyed monster, and gave mine crazy stitching to outline the mouth.
Here was my process:

First I started by cutting out the excess strings (shown below) in a hole on a pair of already lined jeans (Sooooooo much easier being already lined!!).

Next I took some white felt and cut out my monster teeth:
Then I hot glued the teeth with just a smidgen/dab of glue to keep them in place for me until I could stitch them in. Stitched on the eyes of both monsters.  Changed thread and did my crazy stitches around the mouths which play double duty.  The stitches keep the teeth in place as well as keep the hole from growing any as the denim continues to fray. (these steps aren't pictured...sorry I got busy and completely forgot about the camera!)

Here is another shot with the teeth laid flat rather than fanging out at you.

I am completely in love with how it turned out and so is my Li'l Man!  He was mesmerized by it at first then walked up and stuck his finger in the hole yanking it out quickly hollering "Ouch...that monster bit me!!".  He cracks me up!

After I finished that pair I had to patch up another and then a friend whose son I was watching decided to strike while the iron was hot and brought a pair of his jeans to be patched when she picked him up. Here are the other two pair:
 Both knees on my friend's little guys jeans had to be patched up.  I am supposed to be making a matching "tie" tee for him as well.  It is going to be the sweetest outfit! (I will have the "tie" tees in another post you WONT want to miss this too cute shirt embellishment!)

Here is the other pair I did for my guy.
We are very much University of Alabama fans around here and some of his favorite shirts are Alabama ones.  So I had to make these "Bama" to match them.  Now he will be ready to holler Roll Tide when wearing these cute jeans. He had a ball helping me pick out the mismatched red buttons, and telling me where they should go. Did I mention that he LOVES them???

I hope you are inspired to patch things up and have a ball doing so.  It was very easy and a whole lot of fun with great results! Please let me know what you think about mine!  I would love to hear about any patching ideas you come up with!

Please scroll to the bottom of the page to find the parties I love to link up with!

Hope you have a great day and God Bless!


27 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I'm going to definitely keep that in mind when my youngest rips a hole in his jeans. Way fun! Thanks for commenting on my post and I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, I love the buttons on your version!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such fun and simple ways
    to gussy up those darn holes
    that kids make in the knees of their jeans

    thanks for sharing at fridays unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! I saw the original post for that too and have been patiently waiting for my boy's pants to rip...isn't that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! My son's knees literally ripped through 5 pairs of pants this week, so seeing this post was perfect timing for me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea....oh, and Roll Tide to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome...I have some jeans that definitely need a little creative patching! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is too cute! You are so clever!!
    I would love for you to link up at Living Life Intentionally’s Linky party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, so cute and I love that you actually did something you found on Pinterest. I only done a couple of the crafts and keep thinking I'll get around to them. Anyway, I'm a new follower also! Stop by and say hi if you get a chance.
    Jennifer from Just Wedeminute--

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so stinkin cute! I am hopping over from Living Life Intentionally Lniky Party.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  11. yep...so stinkin' cute is right! i gotta find me a hole!!

    amy

    (visiting from project queen)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute idea and WAR EAGLE!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute, I would like to feature this on my Blog on Friday. Hope that's ok with you. I can't find a way to email you directly. So let me know ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahah, this is the greatest! Thanks for linking up to "Tute"-in Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are great! You are a pretty fantastic Mom to do that for your kids :)

    Thank you so much for sharing this at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are adorable! I love them! Thanks so much for linking up to Project Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this idea. It is so fun for little boys. Thank you so much for sharing and linking up to our party Show and Share. Make sure to come back this week and link up your latest projects. We would love to see them.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. how cute! i'm stopping by from watcha workup wed and would love to have you stop by my blog and checkout the huge giveaway going on now http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such and ADORABLE idea!! Can't wait to try this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is the coolest idea I have seen in a long time ;) Love it, and can't wait to tackle my holey jeans! Thanks for linking this awesomeness up with us! We will be featuring it on our blog-o tomorrow! Stop by and grab your button!
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great ideas. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just saw this post on Rachael's blog and had to come and visit. This is a brilliant idea!

    I would be honoured if you could link up your Pinterest inspired post to my weekly Pinning and Singing Pinterest Linky Party as this post is just fabulous! I have also created a Pinning Bloggers Master List at my blog that you might be interested in joining.

    Best wishes and happy pinning!
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is the coolest idea ever! One of my very first posts was about how my son puts holes in the left knees of his jeans within days! I've been cutting them up and making stuff with them but this is a brilliant idea, especially now that he has a baby brother to accept hand-me-downs. Featuring this today!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cool and fun!
    Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments so keep them coming!!!