Sunday, October 9, 2011

31 Day Challenge: Day 8

The beauty I found today was in driving through the half of our city that had been leveled by Tornadoes on April 27th.  Personally, we lost a sweet little girl who was extremely close to our family.


I have been out in the area several times since the storms ravaged, but it was a bare wasteland that was still in clean up mode. Today as I drove through there I saw that most are in rebuild mode.


The resilience of these families who lost every material possession, and many like my friends who lost loved ones as well, is so humbling.  I couldn't help but cry as I drove through, thinking how everything still looks so strange and unfamiliar, knowing it will soon take on a recovered and rebuilt familiarity.  I love my fellow Lawrence County/Moulton-ites and we still stand beside those who lost more than our hearts can sometimes bear.  Even though the destroyed property is being replaced and the healing process has started, it doesn't mean the pain has departed and the wounds are healed.  Please continue to pray for the communities who lost so much on that horrible day, but remember there is beauty shining through that pain and loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments so keep them coming!!!