Sunday, October 2, 2011

31 Day Challenge: Day 2

Sunday was a wonderful day worshiping the Lord, and spending some down time with my favorite two guys:  my hubby and my son (the girls went home with family after the morning service).  Tomorrow is my Husbands birthday, and I managed to spend the whole day buying items, and getting things together for a surprise party for after service tonight.  He was totally oblivious to all my maneuvers...UNTIL I opened my mouth about eating cake and ice cream after church while walking past his office door.  I thought he was in the other church building, but nope he overheard it all, and things started clicking into place for him.  He KNEW! Oh well, he still had a great time and enjoyed the fellowship and his cake and ice cream.

Today my "Wow that's Beautiful" appreciation of beauty moment came while watching a ten year old girl get compliments on how cute her clothes were, gorgeous her big brown eyes and long dark hair are, and how sweet and well behaved she was. She started to blush and her eyes just twinkled with delight.  Its nice to be told how pretty you are, but, you know, its even nicer to give compliments or watch someone else receive them as well.  She is a beautiful little girl, inside and out,  who really doesn't realize it.  Truly a child of God. It was beautiful to watch as she started to blossom just a little into woman hood under praise and compliments given out of love.

So I guess I have two beautiful things that impacted my day.  My husbands giddy look at having a birthday party for a non momentous Birthday (34), and a sweet little girls pure joy at hearing sincere compliments on how sweet and pretty she is.

How was your day?  Did you find anything beautiful to appreciate?  I would love to hear about it.  Leave  me a comment telling me all about it!

have a great day and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments so keep them coming!!!